What Is 4-H?
The name 4-H is derived from the first letter of the four words Head, Heart, Hands and Health, the significance of which is expressed in the 4-H pledge.
4-H gives the young people of today an opportunity to learn how to become productive, self-assured adults who can make their community and country a good place in which to live. The goal of the 4-H program is youth space development. The objectives of 4-H club work are knowledge, leadership, citizenship and personal development.
- My Head to clearer thinking,
- My Heart to greater loyalty,
- My Hands to larger service,
- My Health to better living,
- for my club, my community and my country.
Motto Learn to Do by Doing